Top Tunes


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Saturday 18 December 2010

EVALUATION: Looking Back At Your Preliminary Task, Of Designing The Front Page Of A School Magazine, What Do You Feel You Have Learnt In The Progression From It To The Final Product ?

Overall I feel that I have learnt a lot throughout completing both the actual and preliminary task. During the process of this task, I have learnt basic skills in Photoshop and Pages and I have also developed my knowledge further in editing and manipulating photos. Blogging my research and planning is also a skill that I have learnt, from posting simple blog posts to downloading slideshow presentations and fonts I feel that my ICT skills have widened significantly.
From making the transition from prelim to actual main task I evaluated my prelim magazine front page and contents page and assesed the positive and negative points about it. I found out what was good about it and what particular concepts had worked well- ones which I could develop further on my actual main task.

A process that helped me develop my initial ideas further was flat planning. Through the flat planning stages I could experiment what particular styles and designs would work the best in attracting my target audience. Through having a range of flat planned ideas I could evaluate and clearly see where I needed to make slight adjustments.



Through making a music publication I learnt how to take succesful photos which portrayed meaning and insight into my music genre. I also learnt how to manipulate them, giving them greater aesthetic qualities and making them stand out even more. The photos that I took for my prelim task weren't best thought out and didnt include aspects that gave them meaning and thought. For example they didnt portray the right connotations- the models weren't wearing the right sort of clothes to suit the image I wanted to give off and weren't posing in the right way, this was due to lack of time and rescources. However duing my main task I was fortunate enough to have a greater time limit in taking my photos, this enabled me to put some more thought into certain aspects such as location, costume, and poses. This ensured that my photos gave off the right sorts of image which helped connect with my target audience. I feel that my second photoshoot was more succesful due to the fact that I spent more time in planning them and thinking about the effect photos have on the overall publication.



  • The prelim task front cover (shine) uses only one font throughout the whole of the page, however on the actual front page (candy) two distinctive fonts are used which clearly allows the separation between the masthead and other text on the page
  • The actual front page (candy) features things that are commonly found on existing publications such as a barcode and the price. This allows the front page to look more professional
  • There are more puffs on the actual front page (candy) this makes the magazine look a lot more interesting and dynamic and professional
  • The colour scheme on the actual front page (candy) is more vibrant and thought out, making the overall design of the front page more aesthetically pleasing and attractive towards my intended target audience
  • The masthead on the actual front page (candy) is written in a much more dynamic font and is much larger than the one on the prelim task, making it stand out more and attracting more attention to it. This allows readers to easily identify this magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment