Top Tunes


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Double Page Spread Analysis


Colour Scheme
I chose to use roughly the same colour scheme as I did on my front and contents page in order to keep the overall design of my magazine consistent and to ensure that throughout my magazine I was satisfying my target markets needs, likes and interests. The colour scheme I chose of pink and yellow is very feminine so by using these particular colours I could ensure that the whole publication is aimed at my intended target audience.

Images
The images I used are relevant to the text. The feature article being presented throughout this double page spread is all about the latest girlband so the pictures  very appropriately illustrate the text and create a new dimension to the page. They also distract away from all the writing, which, when at first looked at could scare or bore away readers. The images keep the reader entertained. I manipulated these images and added special effects to them such as shadowing and the 'sticky tape' to make them more dynamic and to make the page look more attractive.


Generic Convention Codes
When designing my double page spread I decided to include generic convention codes employed by existing music magazines in order to make my publication look as professional as possible. For example:

Page numbers: Through my research into existing music magazines I identified that common features of magazines were to include page numbers at the bottom of each page so I included this feature on my publication.

A common feature on double page spreads that include interviews are snippets from the interview brought out in order to attract and gain the attention of readers. They usually are written in a larger font and are in inverted commas, they are also commonly placed where the reader can easily see them. I chose to include this feature in order to make my magazine look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment