Top Tunes


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Comparison Of Mastheads


After I designed the masthead for my magazine, I could see the similarities it shared with the masthead from Top Of The Pops. This may have been because both my magazine and TOTP share the same musical genre and are targeting the same type of audiences.


Similarities
  • Both mastheads are of a large size and are very bold
  • Both the mastheads share a similar colour scheme, (pink) this makes them both more appealible to female audiences
  • Both of the mastheads are of a similar size, this size is good for attracting attention yet not completely overpowering the whole front page
Differences
  • The typography used in TOTP masthead is much more 'fun' as it is all sguiggly and rounded whereas the typography used in my masthead is more universal and mature
  • My masthead consists only of one word which makes it stand out more whereas the TOTP masthead consists of four words, taking attention away from it

No comments:

Post a Comment