Top Tunes


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Designing Mastheads For My Music Magazine

I have decided to call my music magazine 'Candy' due to the fact that I wanted to reach out to a young female teenage demographic who are interested in celebs, fashion and pop music. The font style and colour scheme of my masthead should all reach out and attract the attention of my intended target audience.

This was my first potential masthead that I designed. I was particularly drawn to this font because it is similar to the 'top of the pops' masthead and top of the pops magazine targets the same audience that I am attemping to with my publication. The colour scheme is very girly- pink and yellow which would immedietely attract a female demographic. The font is also very 'funky' and boasts a carefree and fun vibe- a vibe that I am trying to bring across within my music magazine.


This was my second potential masthead that I designed. I really liked this style due to the fact that it was clear to understand and read and that it looked 3D, almost as if its coming off of the page- which adds an exciting and interesting dimension to the frontpage. The colour scheme of this masthead is very appropriate for my intended audience of teenage girls. Furthermore as my magazine caters for my audiences interests such as gossip and celebrities, this font is very appropriate as the dots in the letters almost look like the lights on a dressing room mirror which is very glamorous.

This was my final potential design for my masthead. This design was my least favourite as I feel like the font style and the dark colours would be more suitable for an r'n'b publication. However I do think that because the font style is very funky it would appeal to a younger demographic.

No comments:

Post a Comment